Worm gear units
Worm gear units are favoured in general machinery and plant engineering. ZAE places particular importance on the quality of materials used and thus ensures a:
- Long service life
- Above average loadability
- High performance potential
- Excellent smooth and emergency running characteristics
- Minimal maintenance
- Housing parts: high quality grey cast iron (EN-GJL-200)
- Hollow bosses (from gear unit sizes greater than 100): spheroidal graphite iron (EN-GJS-400-15)
- Worm shafts: made from 16MnCrS5BG (hardened and ground)
- Worm gear unit rims: centrifugally cast solid bronze (with nickel additives GzCuSn12Ni) with outstanding smooth and emergency running properties.
Advantages & features
- 10 design sizes (axle separations: 40 - 315 mm)
- 12 standard transmission ratios 5:1 - 83:1
(as a double worm gear unit up to 6890:1)
- Drive torques up to 30.00 Nm
If required please use
this direct link to our main catalogue
(PDF, 427 pages, MB depending on chapter size)
Gear unit models
- foot and flange versions (with and without torque converters)
- hollow shaft versions (with and without torque conveters) available with feather key/shrink-on
Type E: gear unit with free input shaft
Type M: with motor flange and motor coupling for IEC motors
Type S: with square flange and motor coupling for servomotors
Safety friction clutch (externally adjustable): possible up to gear unit size 125
Main drive of a precision grinding machine
More than 50 % of our worm gear units are individually adapted to meet the specific requirements of our customers.
ZAE – your specialist for worm gear units and more
We at ZAE are the ideal partner if you are looking for an experienced and competent worm gear unit manufacturer. Over the years our great fund of experience in drive technology has permitted us to become one of the leading worm gear unit producers.
Our worm gear units are primarily used in general machinery and plant engineering and enjoy great popularity among our customers. This can be ascribed above all to the fact that we place importance on first-class quality.
That makes our drive systems very durable and, what is more, affords them an extremely high loadability. Moreover, our worm gear units are characterised by their outstanding performance potential. And of course we are also consistently engaged in further developing our products.
Form an impression of our manifold options in respect of worm gear units. If you have any questions regarding our products, do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We would be happy to give you detailed advice and already look forward to a good cooperation.